Development processes have lately become very fast and agile, which made the testing process cause bottlenecks. Following the recent changes in CI/CD processes, automation testing has become a key component of these processes.
Automation processes in organizations are on the rise as the global economy expands.
A study by McKinsey shows that nearly 70% of IT organizations are mature enough to implement automation processes. McKinsey advises CIOs and organizations in general to adopt the IPO (Intelligent Process Automation) methodology.
In addition, organizations seek to ensure that their systems and software are developed using the best coding principles. Automation is one of the most efficient disciplines in software development and is an essential element in achieving high quality products.
Automated testing advantages:
- A more effective and efficient process;
- Reduced testing and development cycle time;
- Increased product quality.
Proceed supports organizations in implementing automation in their testing processes.
Steps in implementation automation:
- Consultation – analysis of the current situation, identifying bottlenecks in the process and the organization’s needs.
- Choosing a tool that is compatible with the work environment – choosing the right architecture and the right application for building an automation infrastructure.
- Formulating solutions that are tailored to the organization’s needs – defining needs, goals and objectives and defining a solution that meets these needs.
- Forming teams – assisting organizations in forming teams of software testers to oversee the automated testing process. Proceed also provides outsourcing solutions in this field.
- Support and guidance – in all stages, from determining the best solution for the organization to its implementation and maintenance.
Tools and Technologies
- Web apps – Jasmin, Junit, Selenium
- Mobile Apps – Appium
- Desktop apps – UFT